Pisces Greens & Consulting is an R&D project management consulting company specializing in ocean related research and technology. Pisces provides experienced, efficient, transparent, and fun project management services to give researchers and businesses back their time. Pisces was established on January 2nd 2017.
Pisces was founded by Kes Morton after more than 10 years of project managing large research projects. She saw too many projects operating without project managers, because the project did not necessitate a full time project manager. As a result, people were devoting large amounts of time to something they didn’t like doing – project management. Pisces believes that people do their best work when on work they enjoy – and so Pisces was founded to enable people to do the things they love – and outsource their research project management needs to the experts at Pisces.
Pisces is fully owned and run by Kes Morton, an experienced manager, scientist, and communicator, with over 10 years of management and research experience in industry, academia, and government. Kes has a PhD in Marine Ecology, a Project Management Professional certification, and a Certificate in Financial Management.
- Setting and achieving new strategic directions for research programs
- Day-to-day project management
- Coordination of international, cross-disciplinary multi-million dollar projects
- Financial forecasting
- Budget management (over $200,000,000 CAD managed to date)
- Reporting to private and public funding opportunities (e.g. OERA, NSERC, CFI, SSHRC, EU, IRAP, ACOA AIF, BCIP, BDC….)
- Industry, Government and Academic liaison
- Project design and kick-offs
- Team development across industry, government and academia
- Budget development
- Establishing reporting procedures
- Applications to private and public funding opportunities (e.g. OERA, NSERC, CFI, SSHRC, EU, IRAP, ACOA AIF, BCIP, BDC….)
- Funding source identification